Last updated on March 5th, 2022 at 12:38 am
Dr. Anthony Fauci Biography
Dr. Anthony Fauci, M.D. is an American physician and immunologist currently working as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984. Dr. Fauci is one of the lead members of the Coronavirus Task Force addressing the COVID-19 pandemic under the Trump Administration’s White House in the United States. Fauci is one of the prominent and trusted physicians in the United States.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Education
Dr. Fauci is a graduate of 1958 from Regis High School in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, where he was captain of the basketball. He attended and graduated from the College of the Holy Cross with a Bachelor of Arts in classics in 1962. Fauci then attended and graduated from medical school at Cornell University Medical College with a Doctor of Medicine in 1966. Dr. Fauci interned at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, now known as New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine where he specialized residency in internal medicine.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Age and Birthday
How old is Dr. Anthony? Fauci is 81 years old as of 2021. He was born Anthony Stephen Fauci on December 24, 1940, in Brooklyn, New York, United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on the 24th December of every year.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Wife
Dr. Anthony married his wife Christine Grady in 1985. Christine serves as the chief of the Department of Bioethics at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center. The couple met while treating a patient.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Daughters
Dr. Fauci and his wife Christine are proud parents of three adult daughters, Jennifer, Megan, and Alison.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Height
Dr. Fauci stands at an approximated height of 5 feet 4 inches (1.6 m). His other body measurements will be updated as soon as possible.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Net Worth
Dr. Fauci as an accomplished and famous American physician and immunologist has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Salary
Dr. Fauci in 2018, earned an annual salary of $384,000 while working as a Medical Officer at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Fauci currently is one of the lead members fighting COVID-19. However, her information about the salary he earned in 2019 is not yet available.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Coronavirus
In late January 2020, the Trump administration established a White House Coronavirus Task Force, and Dr. Fauci was one of the lead members to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
Dr. Fauci has been the main key factor in public health and a government speaker on matters concerning this pandemic of Coronavirus. Dr. Fauci is a stronger supporter of social distancing and he issued various measures on March 29, 2020, through the extension of 15-day self-isolation. Because of his disagreements with Trump, Fauci has been scrutinized by conservative savants and death threats that brought about the requirement for security detail. While there have been differences, Trump has additionally applauded Fauci.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Modified Quarantine
The White House is venturing up precautionary measures to attempt to stem the spread of Covid-19 in the West Wing after Dr. Fauci, the US government’s top irresistible ailments authority, and two other senior pioneers in the battle against Covid-19 started self-isolating on Sunday, following positive tests for the infection among staff.
News that three core individuals from the US pandemic team were going into some level of self-quarantine could not come at a more terrible time for Donald Trump. The president is attempting to extend a picture of confidence and goals as he encourages states to revive their economies, while his organization is demonstrating incapable to keep the infection under control even inside the White House.
Dr. Anthony Fauci Facts
- Full Name: Anthony Stephen Fauci
- Age: 81 years old as of 2021
- Date of Birth: December 24, 1940
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, New York
- Birthday: 24th December
- Husband: Drew Pritchard (Divorced)
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches (1.6 m)
- Net Worth: $10 million
Dr. Anthony Fauci Awards
Dr. Fauci has received many honors and awards through his tireless efforts on the matter concerning the health sector. Some of his awards are listed below.
- 2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, Commencement Speaker, American University
- 2016: John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award
- 2013: Prince Mahidol Award
- 2013: Robert Koch Gold Medal
- 2008: Presidential Medal of Freedom
- 2007: Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award
- 2007: George M. Kober Medal, Association of American Physicians
- 2005: National Medal of Science
- 2005: American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2003: American Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award
- 2002: Albany Medical Center Prize
- 1999: Honorary Doctor of Public Service Degree, Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
- 1996: Honorary Doctor of Science, Colgate University
- 1995: Ernst Jung Prize (shared with Samuel A. Wells, Jr.)
- 1995: Honorary Doctor of Science, Duke University
- 1993: Honorary Doctor of Science, Bates College
- 1979: Arthur S. Flemming Award