Recently updated on July 4th, 2023 at 06:37 pm
Joey Chestnut Biography
Joey Chestnut is an American Competitive eater currently ranked first place in the world by the Major League Eating Competition. He is also the winner of the July 2007 92nd Annual Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating contest where he was able to beat a six-time defending champion named Takeru Tsunami Kobayashi. As of 2022, he has maintained the title four-teen times consecutively. On July 4, 2021, Joey set a new record at Nathan’s eating competition by eating 72 Hotdogs and Buns.
Joey Chestnut Age
How old is Joey? Chestnut is 40 years old as of 2023. He was born Joseph Christian Chestnut on November 25, 1983, in Fulton County, Kentucky, United States. His birthday is celebrated on 25th November every year. His zodiac birth sign is Scorpio. READ: Miki Sudo
Joey Chestnut Education
Joey attended the Vallejo High School in California, Los Angeles. Later, he graduated from the San José State University with major in accounting.
Joey Chestnut Height | Weight
Chestnut stands at a height of 6 feet 1 inch and maintains an average weight of 229 lbs (103 kilograms). However, details about his other body measurements are still under review.
Joey Chestnut Nationality | Ethnicity
Joey holds American nationality and citizenship by birth. He was born and raised in Fulton County, Kentucky, United States. He is of White ethnicity/heritage.
Joey Chestnut Wife | Girlfriend
Is Joey Married? Chestnut is currently married to his long-time girlfriend Neslie Ricasa. Joey proposed to her before he competed to maintain his 2014 Nathan’s competition title. Together the couple is blessed with one child. Chestnut’s family resides in Los Angeles, California.
Joey Chestnut Net Worth
Chestnut is an American Competitive eater and sports personality who has an estimated net worth of around $2 million. RELATED: Kaity Tong
Joey Chestnut Hot Dog Record
On July 4, 2022, Joey won his 15th title at Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. Thus, he was able to set a post-pandemic hot dog race record by eating seventy-six hot dogs and buns in just ten minutes. Additionally, setting a new record since he began competing back in 2006. He made his first debut as a competitive eater on October 22, 2005, where he ate 32.5 grilled cheese sandwiches in just ten minutes at the Arizona fair.
In 2006, he qualified to compete at Nathan’s contest by eating 50 hot dogs and Buns in just ten minutes. On July 4, 2006, he competed with Takeru Kaboyashi who held the title and still maintained it by eating 53.6 HDB in ten minutes while Chestnut ate 52. However, Chestnut defeated Takeru and set two new records in 2008.
Joey Chestnut Salary | Earnings
According to our findings, Chestnut receives around $250, 000 to $500,000 per year whenever he is participating in an eating competition.
Joey Chestnut Health and Calories
It is confirmed that Joey ingests around 22,800 calories, 1,368 grams of fat and 1,824 carbs in every eating competition. He often works out a lot in order to maintain a perfect and healthy body weight. He also goes for regular medical checkups to prevent any sudden illnesses.
Joey Chestnut Job and Career
Chestnut is currently recognized for setting a new Hot Dog eating record during Nathan’s post-pandemic eating competition that was held on July 4, 2021. Joey began his career as a competitive eater in 2005 after graduating from San Jose State University. His first eating competition was in the deep-fried asparagus eating championship. Joey emerged as the winner and beat a high-ranked eater named Rich LeFevre by eating 6.3 pounds of asparagus in 11.5 minutes. RELATED: Trevor Ault
He was then ranked as number three in Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Competition in the same here. Chestnut ate 32 Hot Dogs and Buns during his first time at Nathan’s eating contest. He went on to set a new world record after eating 32.5 grilled cheese sandwiches in ten minutes on October 22, 2005. From 2010 upto 2021, Joey has maintained his Nathan Hotdog title fourteen times while setting new records each year. Joey also took home his 4th consecutive Mustard Belt in 2010.
Joey Chestnut TV Shows
- Nathan’s Hotdog Eating Contest (2006)
- Man v. Food (2006)
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest (2016)
- The Amazing Race (2001)
- Kobayashi ’06 (2015)
Joey Chestnut Eating World Records
- Chicken Wings, Long form 182 chicken wings / 30 minutes
- Hot Dogs 76 Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs and Buns / 10 minutes / July 4th, 2021
- Pork, Pulled Sandwiches 45 pulled pork sandwiches / 10 minutes/ Sept. 1, 2007
- Tacos, Taco Bell 53 soft beef tacos/Taco Bell / 10 minutes/ July 29, 2011
- Chicken Wings, 12 minutes 7.61 lbs Buffalo Chicken Wings / 12 minutes/ September 2, 2012
- Hamburgers: Krystals 103 Krystal Burgers / 8 minutes/October 28, 2007
- Meat Pies 23 6oz Meat Pies / Silver Slipper World Meat Pie Eating Championship / 10 minutes / March 5, 2016
- Donuts, Glazed 55 Glazed Donuts / Salvation Army National Donut Day / 8 Minutes / June 2, 2017
- Eggs 141 Hard Boiled Eggs / 8 Minutes/Oct. 5, 2013
- Asparagus 12 lbs 8.75 oz Deep Fried Asparagus Spears/ Stockton Asparagus Festival / 10 minutes/ Apr. 26, 2014
- Pork Ribs 13.76 lb pork rib meat/ John Ascuaga’s Nugget / 12 minutes / August 28, 2013
- Corned Beef Sandwiches 20 8-oz sandwiches/TooJay’s World Class Corned Beef Eating Championship / 10 minutes/March 17, 2012
- Apple Pie 4.375 Three-Pound Apple Pies/Mapleside Farms / 8 Minutes/Sept. 13, 2013
- Philly CheeseSteaks 23 6″ sandwiches / Dorney Park / 10 minutes / May 14, 2011
- Funnel Cake 5.9 lbs / Kings Dominion / 10 minutes / May 23, 2009
- Fish Tacos 30 6oz. Joeys Seafood Restaurants Fish Tacos / 5 Minutes/August 7, 2014