John Avlon Biography | Wikipedia
John Avlon is an American Journalist, Author and Political Commentator currently serving as the Senior Political Analyst for CNN News based in New York City, New York. He is also recognized as the lovely wedded husband of PBS Firing Line host and fellow CNN contributor, Margaret Hoover. Before CNN, Avlon served as the editor-in-chief and managing director for The Daily Beast. He even worked as a columnist and associate editor for The New York Sun for close to one year.
John Avlon Education
Avlon finished his high school studies at a co-educational independent preparatory school known as Milton Academy in Milton, Massachusetts. He then graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from Yale University and earned an MBA from Columbia University.
John Avlon Age
How old is John? Avlon is 49 years old as of 2021. He was born John Phillips Avlon on January 19, 1973, in Massachusetts, United States. His birthday is celebrated on 19th January every year. His zodiac birth sign is Capricorn. ALSO READ: Jessica Holmes
John Avlon Nationality | Ethnicity
Avlon is an American national by birth. He was born and brought up in the suburbs of Massachusetts, United States. He is of white-Greek ethnicity/ descent/ancestry.
John Avlon Height
Avlon stands at a height of 5 feet 8 inches (1.72 m). He also maintains an average bodyweight of around 73 kilograms. However, information regarding his other body measurements is still under review. John’s hair color is black and his eyes are brown.
John Avlon Parents
Avlon was born as the eldest son of a lawyer named Dianne Alexander (mother) and a professional real estate executive named John Jeffrey Avlon (father). His father also owned various companies in Charleston, South Carolina and New York City. John’s paternal grandparents were immigrants from Greece. Thus, he has Greek heritage and ancestry. Details about his siblings are still under review.
John Avlon CNN Wife | Margaret Hoover
Is John Married? Avlon is currently married to his wife, Margaret Hoover. The couple met and tied the knot back in early 2012. A few months later, they were blessed with one son named Jack born in 2013. In 2015, John and his wife welcomed their second child, a daughter named Toula Lou.
Margaret is also a fellow CNN contributor and a host on PBS’s reboot named Firing line. She is also the great-granddaughter of the 31st US President, Herbert Hoover. Hoover is also recognized for authoring her own book called individualism and worked for George W, Bush in 2004 as an associate director.
John Avlon Baby
Avlon and his wife, Margaret share two wonderful children. They include; one son named Jack and one daughter named Toula Lou. Lou is John’s last born baby. She was born
John Avlon Salary
Avlon working as a Senior Analyst and political commentator on CNN News based in New York City, earns an annual salary ranging from $56,000 to $100, 000 per year.
John Avlon CNN News | Author
Avlon currently serves as the Senior Political Analyst for CNN News. He first began his career as the youngest speechwriter for major Rudolph Giuliani. Later, he was promoted to chief speechwriter and deputy director of policy. Avlon then went on to work as a senior fellow at the manhattan institute for three years before he became a board member of the Citizens Union of New York City.
In 2008, he joined The Daily Beast as a managing director just one month after it was formed. In 22013, he became the editor-in-chief of The daily beast. During hsi leadership at the website, it gained double the traffic to 1.1 million viewers a day. It even won over seventeen awards for its journalistic excellence.
John announced his departure from The Daily beast back in 2018 and joined CNN as a Senior Political Analyst. Additionally, John made various appearances on The Daily Show, MSNBC, TReal Time, and The Late Show With Stephen Colbert as a political pundit.
John Avlon Political Party
Information regarding Avlon’s exact political party is currently unknown. However, he became a founding leader of the No Labels movement of Republicans, Democrats and independents whose mission is mainly to address the politics of problem-solving.
John Avlon Net Worth
Avlon is a high acclaimed Journalist, political commentator, Author and Columnist who has an estimated net worth of around $4 million dollars as of 2021.
John Avlon Books | New Book
- Lincoln and the Fight for Peace (2022)
- Washington’s Farewell: The Founding Father’s Warning to Future Generations
- Independent nation (2005)
- Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe is Hijacking America
John Avlon Quotes
- The American people are smart. They’ve gotten sick of the predictable hyperpartisan talking points and canned anger.
- A wingnut is someone on the far-right wing or far-left wing of the political spectrum – the professional partisans, the unhinged activists and the paranoid conspiracy theorists. They’re the people who always try to divide rather than unite us.
- First, I think more Americans need to declare their independence from partisan politics on both sides. The more that Americans declare their independence, the more the parties will have to compete for their votes using reason rather than hateful appeals.
- One tell-tale sign of a Wingnut: they always confuse partisanship with patriotism.
- Politics follows the lines of physics: every action creates an equal and opposite reaction.
- If you only take offense when the president of your party is compared to Hitler, then you’re part of the problem