Originally published on famousintel.com
Don Johnson Biography and Wiki
Don Johnson is a singer, songwriter, director, and actor from the United States of America. Don is best known for his role as James “Sonny” Crockett in the 1980s television series Miami Vice. He was even nominated for a Golden Globe for the role. Johnson also played a lead role in Nash Bridges. Johnson, who has worked in the entertainment industry for many years, is one of many Hollywood actors who has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Don Johnson Education
Don graduated from ‘South High School’ in 1967 and briefly attended the ‘University of Kansas.’ Later, he moved to San Francisco to study drama at the ‘American Conservatory Theatre.’
Don Johnson Age
How old is Don? He is 72 years old as of 2022. He was born Donnie Wayne Johnson in 1949 on December 15, in Flat Creek, Missouri, United States of America.
Don Johnson Height
He stands at a height of 5’11” (180 cm). ALSO READ: Edie Falco
Don Johnson Family and Parents
Johnson was born in Flat Creek, Missouri, on December 15, 1949. Wayne Fred Johnson, his father, was a farmer, and Nell Johnson, his mother, was a beautician. The family relocated to Wichita, Kansas when he was six years old. Johnson’s mother and father were 16 and 19 years old at the time of his birth, respectively. Johnson grew up in poverty in Wichita, Kansas, after his parents moved there when he was six years old.
Don Johnson’s Wife | Melanie Griffith
Don has five wives and has been married five times. His first two marriages, in 1968 and 1973, were to unknown women. However, the marriages were annulled within days of starting in the same year. Johnson’s fifth marriage was in 1999, to his current wife, Kelley Phleger. By the time they met, Phleger was a nursery school teacher and a San Fransisco socialite. They have since had three kids together, two sons and a daughter.
Melanie Griffith, an American stage and film actress, was Johnson’s third wife. Melanie met Don when she was 14 years old, and she is the daughter of Don’s Harrad Experiment co-star, Tippi Hedren. Within a year, they began living together (when she was 15 years of age). They got engaged on her birthday when she turned 18, and they married in 1976. They divorced in November after they separated in July of the same year. They reconciled in the late 1980s, and their daughter, Dakota Johnson, was born in early 1989. They married again in the same year until 1996 when they divorced.
Don Johnson Children
Don has five children. Jesse Wayne is the first Johnson (born on 7th December 1982). His mother is actress Patti D’Arbanville, who dated the Miami Vice actor from 1981 to 1985. Dakota Johnson, an actress, and model was born after her father remarried Melanie Griffith (born on December 7, 1982). The other three Johnsons are daughter Atherton Grace (born in 1999), sons Jasper Breckinridge (born in 2002), and Deacon Johnson (born in 2004). (born in 2006).
Don Johnson Miami Vice
Don debuted as Detective James “Sonny” Crockett on the television series Miami Vice in 1984. He had landed the leading role as an undercover police detective. Don had to drive a Ferrari 365 GTS/4 Daytona, wear thousand-dollar Versace and Hugo Boss suits over pastel cotton T-shirts, drive a Ferrari Testarossa, wear Rolex and Ebel timepieces, and live on a 12-meter (40 ft) Endeavour yacht with his pet alligator, Elvis. He was a regular on the show until 1989.
Don Johnson Career
Johnson began acting in the late 1960s with his first big role in Fortune and Men’s Eyes, a 1969 LA stage production in which he had the lead role. He remained on stage productions and soon joined television and film production. Some of his roles were in Zachariah (1971), The Harrad Experiment as well as A Boy and His Dog (1975). He then went on to work in a number of commercials, television shows, and films. Some of his notable works during this period include ‘Zachariah’ (1971), ‘The Harrad Experiment (1973), ‘Lollipops, Roses, and Talangka’ (1974), ‘A Boy and His Dog’ (1975), and ‘Revenge of the Stepford Wives (1980). Don received critical acclaim and a ‘Best Actor Award’ for ‘A Boy and His Dog,’ but it had no effect on his career. Finally, in 1984, Don got his big break when he was cast in the television series ‘Miami Vice’ (1984 to 1989). Don played an undercover police detective named ‘Sonny Crockett in this series. The role catapulted him to stardom.
In 2008, he appeared in the Norwegian comedy film ‘Lange FlateBall r 2.’ In this film, he played the role of ‘Admiral Burnett,’ a US Navy admiral. In the same year, he appeared in films such as ‘Torno a vivere da solo’ and ‘Lange Flate Ball r II.’Johnson then played the protagonist’s father in the film ‘When in Rome’ (2010). In 2010, he appeared in ‘Southern Discomfort,’ a comedy film about how a father’s life is upended when his grown children return home. He starred as ‘Von Jackson in the action film ‘Machete,’ which was released in September 2010. Beginning in October.
He played ‘Sheriff Earl McGraw’ in seven episodes of the television series ‘From Dusk till Dawn’ in 2014. He appeared in films such as ‘The Other Woman,’ ‘Alex of Venice,’ and ‘Cold in July’ in the same year. Don Johnson began appearing in the prime-time soap opera ‘Blood and Oil.’ He portrayed ‘Harlan “Hap” Briggs,’ an oil tycoon and family patriarch, in this series. He was the series’ executive producer in addition to playing the role. It debuted on ABC on September 27, 2015. In 2018, he played ‘Arthur,’ the love interest of ‘Vivian,’ played by Jane Fonda, in Bill Holderman’s romantic comedy ‘Book Club.’ In Rian Johnson’s murder-mystery film ‘Knives Out,’ he played ‘Richard Drysdale.’
Don Johnson’s Net Worth
He has an estimated net worth of $40 million.
Don Johnson Movies and Television Shows
- 2019 – Vault as Gerry
- 2019 – Watchmen as Chief Judd Crawford
- 2019 – Knives Out as Richard Drysdale
- 2018 – Book Club as Arthur
- 2018 – Daddy Issues as Roman
- 2018 – Dragged Across Concrete as Lt. G. Calvert
- 2017 – Vengeance: A Love Story as Jay Kirkpatrick
- 2015 – Blood & Oil as Hap Briggs
- 2015 – Alex of Venice as Roger
- 2014–2015 – From Dusk till Dawn: The Series as Sheriff Earl McGraw
- 2014 – Cold in July as Jim Bob Luke
- 2012 – Django Unchained as Spencer “Big Daddy” Bennett
- 2011 – Four Loko Vineyards as Mr. Four Loko
- 2010 – When in Rome as Mr. Martin
- 2010 – Machete as Lt. Von Jackson
- 2008 – Long Flat Balls II as Admiral Burnett
- 2007 – Moondance Alexander as Dante Longpre
- 2005–2006 – Just Legal as Grant H. Cooper
- 1998 – Goodbye Lover as Ben Dunmore
- 1996 – Tin Cup as David Simms
- 1993 – Born Yesterday as Paul Verrall
- 1993 – Guilty as Sin as David Edgar Greenhill
- 1991 – Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man Robert Anderson/The Marlboro Man
- 1990 – The Hot Spot as Harry Madox
- 1989 – Dead Bang as Jerry Beck
- 1988; 2015 – Saturday Night Live as Himself
- 1988 – Sweet Hearts Dance as Wiley Boon
- 1987 – G.I. Joe: The Movie as Lieutenant Vincent R. Falcone/Lt. Falcon (voice)
- 1985 – Cease Fire as Tim Murphy
- 1982 – Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp as Wazir’s Son (voice)
- 1981 – Swan Lake as Benno (voice)
- 1975 – A Boy and His Dog as Vic
- 1974 – Lollipops, Roses and Talangka as Franky
- 1973 – The Harrad Experiment as Stanley Cole
- 1971 – Zachariah as Matthew
- 1970 – The Magic Garden of Stanley Sweetheart as Stanley Sweetheart